Here is a 7 step by step guide to help you launch your event community:
- Think of the value and events you can offer to your community and make a list with dates and frequency like weekly/monthly.
- Come up with a pricing model and a freemium model – so decide the yearly price for a membership and also a zero membership fee that allows members to get to know your community and attend for example your webinars for free.
- Think of any extra values you can provide in terms of networking to keep your audience engaged and connected. For example you can introduce member-led events that are hosted by members or chat rooms based on topics initiated by your members. The latter makes them more committed to your community as they feel they are part of it and control the topics discussed by introducing themselves.
- Choose the right tools you need: a CRM that allows you to sell and manage subscriptions & members, a homepage such as WordPress or Webflow and an event community platform to run your community events, meetups, conferences, virtual sessions, recordings and so on. Here you can find a list of event community platforms: WHAT IS THE BEST EVENT COMMUNITY PLATFORM?
- Last but least you need zapier.com to connect your CRM > Event Community Platform and the platform to be embedded on your website. Integration of these tools is key to success and will save you a lot of time in the long run.
- Make a communication timeline with emails to send to different audiences to launch your community and also ask your members to share it with their network (create an affiliate program).
- Don’t have an audience yet? Try organizing a 1-2 day virtual event and turn that audience into a community selling that during your event.
We hope this 7 step plan helps you to prepare and visualise your event community launch. If you do have any questions or need help or interested in case-studies on how others launched, feel free to reach out to us.